The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Cambridge Art Fair

After a long journey up to Cambridge, I arrived to drop off my 11 paintings to ArtGallery.co.uk, with hope in my soul for good things to happen at the Cambridge Art Fair, and when attending the Drinks preview, see what I'm up against! I spot a Patrick Heron print and a couple of Delaunays! Yikes! I notice there is no particular style this year, and apart from my florals, they seem a bit low on the ground. Perhaps I should've got out more of my Fractured work?!

Was it a success? Well, people made some positive comments about my work, but alas no-one put their hands in their pocket. This was a common theme for each gallery who exhibited there. High foot fall, but low money spending. However, one of my paintings was on the promotional leaflet and brochure, so hopefully that'll be good marketing for me!
Onwards and upwards!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment