The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Friday 11 January 2013

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New year.
I don't know about you, but after all the festivities, I really enjoy getting back to 'normality', whatever that is!

My creative juices have been flowing since the holidays ended and the sketchbook has been getting filled with ideas!
I was sitting down drawing with my 5 year old daughter last week and ended up doodling a sketch of a tree. It really came together in my head.
This is the sketch, and typically it was done on lined paper!
After a week of pondering and deciding what surface to do it on, I settled for my favourite, pastels on Colourfix paper.
'Tree of Life'. by Tiffany Budd. 45cm x 45cm. £200
I had a wonderful start to the New Year. I received an e mail from an exhibition organiser, who is also an interior designer, requesting my floral paintings urgently! I call her up and it turns out she is wanting to buy 8-10 originals for the Viking River Cruises boats. She came to my studio and ended up taking 12. Just brilliant! So, if you are lucky enough to go on one of these cruises, in Holland, you may see my florals in your room!

Now onto my next project. The Derwent Art Prize!

1 comment:

  1. How fantastic Tiffany.
    Many congratulations ... oh and Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete