The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Monday 20 February 2012

As seen on TV!

There's nothing quite so exciting as seeing your own paintings on the TV! I was watching Relocation, Relocation this evening on More4 (Mon 20th Feb), and recognised a past customer from my interior design days. At the end of the design, she asked me to do a painting commission for her for the kitchen. I completed a red triptych sunset. This was back in 2006. This was one of the reasons I gave up interior design- to focus on painting. I am thrilled to see that she still has them on display, and focused the room scheme around them!


These are the stills from the show.
 


Demonstrations and workshops
Demonstration time has loomed once again, after the Christmas and New Year break. I have been booked for 17 demo's around the South of England up until November, that'll keep me busy! I really love doing these and sharing my knowledge with fellow art lovers. This is the sort of thing I have been doing of late. Using Derwent pastels on Colourfix paper.

Demo for Walton on Thames Art Society, Surrey.

Prints
In these austere times, I have decided to start offering a print service for those who either don't have the funds or just wall space. I am currently charging a fee of £25 + p&p, which gets you a maximum size of A4 signed print. You can choose whichever one you'd like! I have had quite a few orders already, so am pleased that I can access new customers this way. If you are interested do contact me on tiffanybudd@wall-power.co.uk

New Paintings
As well as my Fractured paintings, I have begun to do a series of 'traditional' landscape pastels. Every now and then I like to go back to basics and create normal landscapes. Here are a selection. They are all 23cm x 30cm and completed in Derwent pastels.

Llyn Peninsula -Wales 
Northern Lights
                                       
Sunrise in Spain
Winter by the Sea
All the originals pictured here are £120

It has taken me a while to get up, back to speed, after I did Jury Service in January. However, with my new toy, an i Pad, I wasn't ever starved of painting and sketching! I caused a bit of a stir, in the waiting room, sketching out ideas. At one point I had 20 people around me, asking me all about it! I'm hoping to gain some commissions from people I met while doing Jury Service. I blame David Hockney! If it wasn't for his passion for digital art, I wouldn't have wanted one so badly!
This is a digital sketch of an idea I had, and below it, the proper one, created in Derwent Coloursoft. I missed using my pencils and brushes, and loved getting messy once again! I couldn't replace digital art with real art.
Digital sketch completed on the i Pad.

'Patchwork Hills' Coloursoft Pencils on Fabriano Artistico paper. 15cm x 28cm. £150
Long Live paint, paper and pencils!


No comments:

Post a Comment