The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Thursday 16 June 2011

Exhibitions and Roses....

It's this time of year that submissions deadlines for art exhibitions and competitions are looming. And I have had quite a few to apply for! As a member of the UKCPS, I submitted 5 pieces of work to their Annual Exhibition, which this year is being held at Westminster Hall, London to celebrate their 10th Anniversary. Count Faber-Castell will be attending as well as many other sponsors. I really hope to get in, and enjoy the show.
The other entries I have submitted for are:- Battle Contemporary Art Fair and Hahnemuhle Calendar Competition. I have always found, the more you enter to more opportunities open for you.
There was also a quirky little competition to design a deckchair design for Hastings Stade. I thought my Fractured fished would work well, as it is a seaside theme, and very colourful. Again, it's a waiting game!

Deckchair Fishes
The most exciting news I have had was an invitation to exhibit at Gallery in the Square, Usk, Wales. I donated a painting for a charity auction about 5 years ago to the owner, and he has now come back to invite me to his gallery to exhibit proper! I am taking 16 paintings, half Fractured and half Floral on the 6th July, with the show opening with a preview evening on the 8th July. I have my Premier Lodge room booked for the night!! I'm really looking forward to having such a large number of paintings on show.
Crummock Water- Lake District

Poetic Iris
I have also been busy creating a new collection of work for my agent. I am a fan of flowers, as you know, and what they requested was a romantic, ethereal feel to the work, which will eventually (and hopefully) be used for table mats, napkins and prints.

I thoroughly enjoyed doing these, and I have been asked for more.

Next week, I will be on holiday. My brother in law is getting married and we all have wedding duties in this household!! I can't wait. Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

  1. You are very busy Tiffany but your news are wonderful. I sent 2 pieces to UKCPS, too. It's my first time. Your fishes are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly beautiful work, I love it :) x x x

    ReplyDelete